Every child has rights –
We speak for them!
Children are waiting…you can help
In 2019 we served 857 abused and neglected children through the tireless effort of 340 volunteers! However there are still many children waiting for someone like you to be their voice!
What We Do
CASA Project recruits, screens and trains volunteers from the community to be appointed advocates for children that have been abused or neglected in Worcester County!
- Investigate and fact-find, helping the judge learn the nuances of each child’s prospective caregiver situations;
- Advocate for any medical, mental health, and educational services a child may need while the child is in foster care;
- Monitor as the case progress to promote the safety of the child and to obtain a swift and effective resolution of the case: a safe and permanent home as quickly as possible.
Support Casa Project
Every year in Massachusetts nearly 8700 children are removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect. In Worcester County, 1700 children are in need of someone like you to be their voice and advocate for their best interests. Most of these children are younger than age 12 – nearly half are under 6 — and all are hurt, frightened, and confused.
Our goal is to speak for, fight for, every one of these children. But, we need your help. Every donation helps us to make a difference in a child’s life.
A CALL FOR DONATIONS FOR THOSE IN NEED
The COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent quarantine of communities has forced online learning for students across the county. Many children from low income families will be left behind, as they lack learning materials and therefore lack access to education.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- We’ve created an Amazon Wish List for specific items for our CASA children. See the link on our website to purchase these educational materials.
- Donate online or send in your check today! All donations will be used to purchase these educational materials.
Help supply our casa kids with much needed items so they don’t get left behind!
APRIL 30, 2021
The 3rd Annual Champions for Children Celebration is a time to honor our dedicated ambassadors, advocates and volunteers:
- Ed Augustus- City Manager, Worcester
- Judge Anthony Marotta
- Representative James O’Day
- Bill Forbes- Volunteer of the Year
A time to share our mission to be a voice for abused and neglected children throughout the community. This year we need your help more than ever!!! Please save the date for this special evening!