Reports to: Assistant Director
Participates in Monthly Program Staff Meeting
- Case Advocate Supervision
- Contact volunteers from the volunteer pool within 48 hours of receiving referral.
- Assign the case to a volunteer within 6 days of receiving a referral.
- Communicate weekly (at least twice monthly) with CASA Volunteers via direct contact – email, telephone, in person.
- Ensure monthly reports are being submitted
- Communicate with social workers, attorneys and other collaterals when needed to facilitate case advancement. Ensure that Volunteers do not accept directions from case attorneys.
- Facilitate and support work of Volunteers
- Attend critical meetings that Volunteers cannot.
- Act as liaison between Volunteers and attorneys, DCF, etc.
- Ensure quality of Court reports and attendance
- Edit and produce reports and submit at least three days in advance of Court to Assistant Director.
- Ensure attendance (either volunteer or Supervisor) at all Court hearings.
- Be prepared for a brief oral presentation of the specific issues to be discussed that day in court.
- Court Reports
- Court report for every hearing
- Court report in emergency reporting
- To Assistant Director and Lead Advocate Supervisor
- CASA/GAL reports
- Emergency reports
- Case Supervisor Disposition Forms
- Case Files
- Acquire all documents regarding your case – DCF files, court investigations, medical records, school records, docket sheets, police reports
- Case files must be kept in a neat and orderly fashion so that they are accessible to all staff members. When files are elsewhere, please so indicate with a File Marker.
- Maintain accurate, up to date, accessible reports.
- Separate subdivision files must be kept for all individuals in the case, educational, medical, legal and law enforcement, etc. reports.
- Notify Assistant Director of all materials and equipment needed in your work.
- Prepare and present portions of initial training in a polished, well-rehearsed manner.
- Submit ongoing improvements to the Assistant Director regarding individual training sessions.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Lynn Barrieau: LTesconi@thecasaproject.org