Reports to: Executive Director
Full-time 40 hours/week, M-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The CASA Project is the only child court advocacy organization in Worcester County dedicated solely to advocating for best interests of children in foster care. Our Court Appointed Special Advocates along with our supervisors advocate daily for the needs of children that have been abused or neglected while providing the court with timely concerns and recommendations to accomplish our two main goals: (1) to shorten the time children spend in foster care, and (2) to lower the number of placements children have while in foster care. Our ultimate goal is to secure the swiftest path to a safe and permanent home for children.
The best candidate for this position would be someone who is both committed to the mission of CASA and enjoys systems and administration. The position is a critical one. The Executive Assistant works closely with and supports the Executive Director and Assistant Director. The Executive Assistant will have an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the work and operation of this leading non-profit advocacy organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Director Support
- Maintains Executive Director’s calendar and schedule, including scheduling appointments, prioritizing and coordinating meetings, and making travel arrangements; prepares Executive Director for meetings, ensuring he has all needed materials and information
- Supports Executive Director’s work with the Board of Directors, including scheduling Board and Committee meetings, assisting with materials preparation, attending and taking notes at meetings and preparing minutes if necessary;
- Organizes and maintains Executive Director’s paper and electronic files
- Assists Executive Director with his communications, including opening, reviewing and prioritizing his mail, making and returning telephone calls on his behalf, and drafting, for his approval, correspondence to organizational partners and other stakeholders
- Maintains and keeps current key organizational materials, including Board lists, manuals and letterhead
- In coordination with Development and Communications staff, assists with preparation and maintenance of fundraising and communications materials; assists with proofing and minor editing of CASA publications.
Administration and Operations
- Staffs reception desk, receiving in-coming calls and routing them appropriately as well as greeting visitors; receives in-coming mail and handles distribution, ensuring appropriate dissemination
- Maintains office supplies and inventory, ordering as needed and manages postage and shipping for organization; maintaining meter
- Assists Assistant Director with
- Maintenance of the program database (Optima)
- replacing office equipment as needed
- preparation of administrative and operational procedures of programs
- paper and electronic file organization and maintenance
- administrative tasks related to Human Resources, including preparation of orientation materials for new employees and interns
- managing the organization’s IT and Telecom operations, troubleshooting problems and serving as a liaison to the organization’s IT and telecom contractors
- Supports Development and Communications team by
- Assisting with donor database (Bloomerang) maintenance: including data entry and processing of contributions, filing, and donor tracking and fulfillment (including acknowledgement letters); preparing weekly gift as well as other donor reports; assisting in preparation of prospecting reports
- Assisting with the organization’s general contact database (Constant Contact) maintenance, including data entry and updates, sorts and reports as well as periodic mergers with donor database and other lists
- Overseeing the Social media of the organization (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkdIn)
- Serving as back up to media inquiries.
- Minimum 1-2 years operational and administrative experience preferred
- High level competency in Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint and Office 365
- Familiarity with Bloomerang (or other fundraising databases), Constant Contact (or other databases) and CRM systems
- Strong writing and editing skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills, including ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive, problem solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and judgment
- Strong commitment to social justice and to the CASA’s mission
- Able and willing to do occasional evening or weekend work
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $35,000 starting salary
Benefits: Generous holiday and vacation leave; health insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; small, collegial team environment; many opportunities to use skills and grow professionally.
Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Robb Zarges: email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
CASA Project, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: January 15th, 2020